Getting to Rocketman

/
0 Comments
"Boulderdash" came before Rocketman, as an earlier incarnation, however I was a little too ambitious and really struggled to get the animation working and off the ground. This short animation was to be about an Indiana Jones style temple raid with boulder chase scene, however trying to a run cycle with a moving boulder behind proved a bit too much of a challenge when I had had little experience of walk cycles. I felt I was trying to run before I could walk, aha.


This short sequence was a test for a part of a loop for the boulder chase scene. I was not happy with how it turned out and it completed me to start again with something fresh that I could feel I could get my head around. None of it was a waste though, as it was all valuable experience and paved the way for rocket man, with the same character and same retro film spoof theme going for it.


You may also like

No comments: