Fossil Frolics

/
0 Comments
A trip to Birmingham University small museum and fossil collection brought a whole new kind of life drawing to us, instead of having soft fleshy forms and drapery to portray, it was geology and textured bones and fossils. One small monkey skeleton caught my attention in particular and I was quite pleased with how it turned out.



The soft flowing shapes of bone are fascinating, forming such distinct structures and shapes. Being obviously organic yet such structural items is a wonderful contrast to draw.


This next one I completed in fine liner, to remove the possibility of being able to correct it, and tried it on a much warmer colour of paper to try and give it a bit of texture as well.


There were a few more, but nothing I really thought to be noteworthy, but they're in my sketchbook if you'd like a look.


You may also like

No comments: