Learning from Seasonal Snaps

/
0 Comments

After looking at my Christmas photos of this year I had a sudden realisation about why I love photography so much. Some photographers love to use long exposures, fancy filters etc to get a nice shot, which can be brilliant sometimes, but I always feel I get more satisfaction that relies on two rules: composition and timing. Composition is pretty self explanatory, and your eyes can tell if a shot is well composed even if you don't know anything about it. By timing I mean a shot which was snapped just at the right moment to capture an expression, a fleeting moment that might very rarely happen again. You've captured a little something only you saw and can then share it with the world.


Also I seem to have a mild vendetta against using any sort of flash at the moment.


You may also like

No comments: